Salted Caramel Buttercream
By Anne Heap
This salted caramel buttercream recipe goes perfectly with our marble cake recipe.
- ¼ c granulated sugar
- 2 TBS water
- ¼ c heavy cream and 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 11/2 lbs butter softened
- 150g Crisco
- 1225g confectioner’s sugar
- 10g vanilla extract
- 50ml milk
Caramel Instructions1. Combine sugar and water in small saucepan.
2. Without stirring cook over medium heat until sugar nearly dissolves
3. Cover pan and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
4. Uncover. Increase heat to medium-high. Continue to cook within stirring until mixture is dark amber. (Frequently swirl pan gently during this process to encourage even cooking).
5. Remove from heat.
6. Slowly add cream while whisking until combined. Mix in salt. Set aside.
1. Beat butter and Crisco until smooth.
2. Slowly add sugar. Beat until smooth.
3. Add milk and vanilla. Beat until combined.
4. With mixer on low speed add caramel.
5. Mix until combined.
¼ c granulated sugar What does c means? Thanks
Hi – c=cup
Hi! Sounds delish! Can I cover this buttercream & your marble cake recipe with fondant? Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom & talents.
Hi Lorelie – yes we often put a layer of buttercream on the cake first and then apply fondant.