Our cream cheese frosting recipe is a perfect complement on a moist and delicious red velvet cupcake. Enjoy!
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups sifted confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract (optional)
Mix cream cheese with butter until smooth. Add extracts. Slowly add sugar and blend until light and fluffy! Fill and Ice cake as desired. Pecans can be added to top of cake for decoration. Use a piping bag with a round #8 tip to create fluffy cupcake tops!