Interested in our professionally produced line of cake decorating videos?
Looking to stay on top of the latest ways to learn about cake decorating? Overwhelmed with all the options out there and don't know where to start? Then our Cake Decorator Starter Guide has you covered!
Here’s the final part of our Fancy Shoe & Shoebox tutorial. Part III of the tutorial reviews the following:
Section III: Making the Heel
- I use modeling chocolate or gumpaste to make the heel.
- When using modeling chocolate I let it dry for about 2 weeks and then wrap gumpaste around it to match the color of the shoe.
- Tip: You can create several heels out of modeling chocolate to use as basis for other future designs.
- First I roll the modeling chocolate into a log. I measure the height of the heel using the model shoe we started with.
- Tip: I like to add a skewer through the heel to add extra support. This is also good when placing the shoe on top of the cake as it can be used to support the shoe.
- I put a 45 degree angle for the heel to fit the sole appropriately.
- I let the heel dry a few days. In the case of modeling chocolate it generally only needs to dry for one day.