Want to learn how to make these dress cakes? Check out our online Little Pink Dress Cake Class!
ON SALE!50% OFF!Learn More »
Looking to stay on top of the latest ways to learn about cake decorating? Overwhelmed with all the options out there and don't know where to start? Then our Cake Decorator Starter Guide has you covered!
Section II: Making the High Heel Instep
- First create a template out of black gumpaste using an exacto knife. I rolled it out to about 1/16 of an inch.
- You can create a template if necessary - in this case I did the cut freehand.
- The black instep should be a bit smaller then the white sole me made previous. I cut about 1/4" inch on each side.
- To create stitch pattern, I used a stitch tool to give the impression the instep was sewn into the shoe.
- Place water on top of the sole before applying the Instep.
- Let the instep dry for a few days to ensure firmness