Section II: Making the High Heel Instep
- First create a template out of black gumpaste using an exacto knife. I rolled it out to about 1/16 of an inch.
- You can create a template if necessary – in this case I did the cut freehand.
- The black instep should be a bit smaller then the white sole me made previous. I cut about 1/4″ inch on each side.
- To create stitch pattern, I used a stitch tool to give the impression the instep was sewn into the shoe.
- Place water on top of the sole before applying the Instep.
- Let the instep dry for a few days to ensure firmness