This recipe includes both ingredients and instructions for creating a peanut butter layer cake and chunky peanut butter chip filling. Delicious!
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ -1/2 cup milk (Start with ¼ cup and you can add more if filling is too stiff)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
In a bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture. Mix well. Pour into two greased 9 in. round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
For frosting, cream peanut butter and butter. Add sugar, milk and vanilla; mix until smooth. Fold in mini chocolate chips. Fill cake. Ice cake with frosting of choice – chocolate is my favorite!