I recently started a gluten free diet and wanted to share this delicious gluten free apple crisp I created. Best served warm with vanilla ice cream!
- 1.5 cups of Gluten Free Oats
- 1.5 cups Pamela's baking/pancake mix
- 1 cup granulated sugar (plus more for apple mixture)
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp nutmeg (Plus more for apple mixture)
- 1 tsp cinnamon (Plus more for apple mixture)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 10 medium/large apples
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F
- Prepare 9x12 baking pan - spray with cooking spray
- Melt Butter and combine with all other ingredients
- Form crumbs using your hands & set aside
- Peel and slice apples
- Toss apples with lemon juice, 1-3 tablespoons sugar depending on sweetness of apples, 1/2 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp nutmeg (Feel free to use more apples!)
- Pour apples into pan
- Spread crumb mixture on top
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown on top and apple mixture starts to bubble.
- Serve warm with some vanilla ice cream!