I shared this chocolate cupcake recipe with Martha Stewart Radio during my appearance on one of her programs. The recipe is both vegan and dairy-free. Enjoy!
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa. Add water, vegetable oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Beat by hand until smooth.
3. Pour into muffin pans with liners. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-15 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.